hello :) I’m Kate. if you’re reading this, thanks for being on my blog. I hope you like it. I try to make it kind of peaceful..pretty to look at. haha..maybe I’ve accomplished that, maybe not. Anyway, I’m 19, & in college. I’m attempting to major in engineering… ha we’ll see how it works out.
I don’t really know what to write about me.. basically, if I’m telling you about myself, I just say what I’m obsessed with. Cause I guess those kind of define me?
I think the world revolves around music. I love that music can bring so many people together from all different backgrounds. It’s like, even if two people don’t share any of the same ideals, there’s still a chance that they could bond over a common favourite song. It’s cool in my mind.
As a side note, I live in the US, but I basically spell everything the British way cause this one time I changed the language on my phone to British English & I can’t be bothered to change it back. Plus, I think it’s a good conversation-started when you’re texting someone. Like if I say “what’s your favourite colour?” & they’re like “You’re not British…” Then we can talk about how I’m stupid & changed the language on my phone. But point of that is that because autocorrect changes certain words, I’ve just started spelling them that way. Aka, favourite, colour, neighbour, realise, organise, etc.
Anyway, back to music. My favourites & notes about them:
- One Direction. Don’t talk to me.
- Hunter Hayes. He’s absolute perfection.. I think he’s so talented & definitely deserves the attention that he’s just now starting to get. I saw him for about a minute when I saw Taylor Swift on her last tour. He opened, but I was elsewhere trying to buy a t-shirt while he was performing, so I came back up when he was halfway through his last song. I cried.
- The Cab. Words can’t even describe how amazing they are. Alexander Deleon is the most perfect human being ever to exist & I’m so so glad he’s living his dream (as well as the other guys, but he seems to do most of the work). I’m a bit obsessed with Alex which is kind of a problem. All of them except for Alex Marshall have tweeted me. & just for reference, Alex Marshall is referred to in my book as Zac Efron Alex. Some people don’t see it, but he & Zac Efron are somehow related. I’m convinced. Also, The Cab have the most amazing fans ever. Like all the really dedicated fans just seem so awesome. I almost wish I could be one. If you like The Cab, please tell me so we can love them together because I don’t know a ton of people who like them/know they exist.
- Taylor Swift. Just like her music. Not her. Anymore, at least. Don’t ask me why. It would be a thirty page essay on everything she’s done wrong.
- Marianas Trench. They’ve made me realise how talented Canadians are. I also like Hedley, but Marianas Trench is my fave. & Josh Ramsay is so incredibly talented, it’s not even funny. He deserves an amazing amount of recognition.
- Allstar Weekend. They follow me on twitter, go me.. But I’m excited (kind of) that they’re starting a new thing. It’ll be weird not to call them Allstar Weekend anymore, but it’s okay. They’re still greatt.
- Parachute. I’ve loved them for years, & I’m super excited that they’re coming out with new music soon. Will tweeted me about it. Also, I totally think Will should date Taylor Swift. idk what happened there, but I’m convinced it’s meant to be. ALSO I MET WILL AND KIT NBD.
- Ed Sheeran. Enough said.
- Five Seconds of Summer. They’re so cool & funny & just.. idk. I love that they’re living their dream & they deserve so much success. Luke follows me on twitter & he’s just amazing. So are the other three, but he’s got a special place in my heart.
- The Script. They’re Irish. Pretty cool. I love their new album (#3)..maybe it’s not so new, but it’s new enough. I’m in the process of downloading Science & Faith right now, which I’m told is probably their best album, so that’s cool.
- A Rocket to the Moon. I had a big obsession with them a few years ago & in the fall, they played a small concert in my town, but of course I couldn’t go cause I’m at college an hour away.. so that was sad. & they’re done. So the end of the band, but they’ll always be good to listen to :)
- Luke Bryan. Saw him when he opened for Jason Aldean & I got the hottest pictures of him ever. He’s wonderful.
- Tim McGraw. He was the first country singer I ever liked, so he obviously holds a special place in my heart. Loved seeing him in concert.
- Ellie Goulding. She’s just perfect, so I mean, how can you not like her??
- Little Mix. They’re hilarious, gorgeous, & extremely talented. I’m so glad they’re gaining success in the US & I really want to see them when they tour.
I’m also obsessed with going to concerts.. major problem of mine. Don’t even wanna know how much money I’ve spent on concert tickets.
Here’s the list. If I have pictures posted, there’s a link.
- Taylor Swift (March 2010) with Gloriana & Kellie Pickler
- Rascal Flatts (September 2010) with Kellie Pickler & Chris Young
- Carrie Underwood (November 2010) with Billy Currington & the band of the guy who she sings “What Can I Say” with.
- Taylor Swift (August 2011) with Need to Breath & Hunter Hayes
- Lady Antebellum (May 2012) with Thompson Square & Darius Rucker
- One Direction (May 2012) with irrelevant opening acts
- Jason Aldean (July 2012) with Luke Bryan
- The Cab & Parachute (August 2012) with Kaitlyn Tarver. Only kind of - long story. I wanted to die because I left halfway through. On the bright side, Kaitlyn Tarver walked by me. Like I could’ve touched her. So that was pretty cool.
- Allstar Weekend (August 2012) with Honor Society & two other small bands.
- Tim McGraw (May 2013) with Brantley Gilbert & Love & Theft EXCEPT THERE WAS SO MUCH TRAFFIC GETTING THERE THAT IT TOOK 2 & A HALF HOURS INSTEAD OF AN HOUR & WE MISSED BOTH OPENING ACTS :(
- One Direction with 5SOS (July 2013)
- Taylor Swift with Ed Sheeran (July 2013)
- Train with The Script & Gavin DeGraw (July 2013)
- Parachute (August 2013)
If you’ve read all of that, I instantly love you. Feel free to ask anything your heart desires. And if you like any of the same music as me, tell me! xox
*I track upupanddawaay